WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
President’s Message – Spring 2024 (updated 2/9/24)
Notes from Wendy ——
Thanks for stopping by the VAS website! Our board is so excited about this year’s activities. I’m Wendy Keeney-Kennicutt, the president and webmaster and you can read my bio on our new “Our Artists” tab. This is a perk for all our members to showcase themselves and their art. All members are invited to participate!
- We are sponsoring a June Dudley 3-day acrylic workshop, Using Color & Design in the Landscape, May 1-3, 2024 9am-4pm. $325 for members and $350 for non-members – it’s a great deal. For more information and to register, click HERE. To become a member and save money in the long run, go HERE. We would love to meet you!
- Our “Resolutions: New Beginnings at the Arts Council was a great success. Now the Call for Art is out for our spring judged show, “Art in Bloom.” In “Art in Bloom,” we celebrate the relationship between art and nature in all its forms. Visit the sites for more details! There will be ribbons and cash prizes for judged art and for People’s Choice awards. Check it out!
- Stop by our monthly “Art Togethers,” Our next get-together is Wednesday, 2/21 1-4pm. You can come and go as you please! Bring your art creating supplies, which includes cameras & computers, for an afternoon of making art and sharing ideas. I will also be there to photograph your work, if you want. For more info, click HERE.
- We have a plein air event coming up in April 12-13 called Paint Out Bryan 2024, in conjunction with Downtown Bryan Street and Art Fair. Benjamin Knox will be giving a demo on Friday. Click HERE for more info and to sign up!
- Keep checking back for updates and more fun!
Keep doing and loving art!
Our members come together all year round: meetings where artists and art lovers alike meet for light refreshments and participate in activity or listen to an artist presenter, have coffee at businesses around the community, do “Art Together” where we bring our supplies and make art at Degallery. Check the general calendar!
Date: Regular Meetings: Second Monday (unless it’s a holiday).
See our meeting calendar with featured artist information.
Where: DEGALLERY, 930 N. Rosemary Dr., Bryan TX
Lifelong Learning Opportunities
We help artists continue to grow their skills through:
- multi-day workshops
- one-day classes
- free webinars
We are committed to helping our members be lifelong learners!
The Aggieland Art trail was created from the vision and efforts of Visual Art Society members. Financial support from the Arts Council of the Brazos Valley and the cities of Bryan and College Station provided initial resources for the website at aggielandarttrail.com.
The Aggieland Art Trail spans the entire Bryan-College Station area, with stops showcasing art galleries, public art and installations in our community, including the Texas A&M University campus, and the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum.
Shows & Exhibitions
We regularly hold art shows – a members only show each autumn and a judged show each spring as well as others. We also partner with several local businesses to allow our members to display their work inside the hotel, winery or event center. Our members participate in the First Saturday Art Markets at Degallery–they can show and sell art in our booth rather than paying for a booth site on their own.
Opportunities to Sell Art
Members can choose to participate in local art markets, exhibitions in local businesses and to make work available for purchase during art shows. Check the CALENDAR for the next opportunity.
Each year, the Visual Art Society accepts applications for scholarships from local high school graduates who plan an art-related career path. LEARN MORE
FY 2023 Events
Soc Media Followers
Serving the area since 1972