Calling all artists in the Brazos Valley who would like to show and sell art in the gift giving season.The DeGallery and The Brazos Valley Art League have joined forces to create a special show for the holiday season. Art work makes great gifts for family and friends!
Holidays and celebration of life, including art expressing the holidays, the seasons of fall, winter or using holiday colors to create abstract pieces of realistic pieces with candles, wine and any other subject matter. that are meaningful at the holiday season. Even if you vacation in the tropics during the season, your expressions are welcome. Three dimensional pieces will also be accepted including ceramics and jewelry.
The deadline for submission of entries is Dec. 1, 2019. You will be notified of acceptance on December 2 and delivery of accepted pieces with be to DeGallery on the morning of Dec. 5, 2019 between 10;00 AM - 12:00 pm.. The show will be open on Dec. 6, 2019 during gallery hours. The reception will be on December 13, 2019 from 6 - 10 pm. It will be a grand party with nibbles and drinks provided. Show take down will be January 3, 2020 between 3-5 pm.
ENTRY FEE FOR MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS OF BVAL
There will be a $10 entry fee which will cover up to 3 works of art. This small fee will help cover the cost of the show including the reception. For non-members there is an entry fee of $20 for you to submit up to 3 works of art.
Original 2D and 3D works which have been created in the past twelve (12) months and which have not been shown in any previous juried or non-juried show of BVAL are eligible for the show. BVAL whose membership is current. To be a current member, dues and membership applications must be submitted together no later than the entry deadline of December 1, 2019.Frame pieces must have a stable wire hanging system (no saw tooth hangers). Wire hardware should be attached 1/4 way down the backside on both the left and right. Drawings and pastels must be under glass. All sculpture must have a stable base.
Works must be for sale and the artist sets the price. All works sold during the show must remain in the show until the show closes. The artist will receive 60% of the sales price and the remaining 40% will be shared by DeGallery and BVAL. Submitted images for approval may not be larger than 1000 pixels on the longest side and must be 72 dpi.
An image must be submitted for each piece desired to be entered into the holiday show and must be submitted by Dec. 1, 2019 along with the completed application form and payment.
In the event there are more entries than DeGallery can comfortably exhibit, the show committee may limit some entries. All those eligible who enter will be included in the show but the number of entries may be reduced to one or two. 2D entries. No art entries over 24X36 will be accepted. All submissions must have proper entry tags attached to each piece. Download label forms.